The recruitment and selection policy aims to ensure the safe and effective recruitment of anyone working with children or vulnerable adults.
It aims to:
- ensure that recruitment processes are fit for purpose
- appoint the best person for the job
- to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants
- to ensure compliance with the council’s policies and plans relating to equality and diversity, and relevant employment legislation
- to promote the council’s values
- to meet the council’s operational requirements and strategic aims