You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
Recruitment and selection
The recruitment and selection policy aims to ensure the safe and effective recruitment of anyone working with children or vulnerable adults.
It aims to:
- ensure that recruitment processes are fit for purpose
- appoint the best person for the job
- to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants
- to ensure compliance with the council’s policies and plans relating to equality and diversity, and relevant employment legislation
- to promote the council’s values
- to meet the council’s operational requirements and strategic aims