All council owned play areas and outdoor gyms across the borough are inspected on a regular basis to ensure the health and safety of park users
- Play inspections are completed every 4 weeks
- All play areas have an annual independent inspection
Where there is vandalism or arson attacks on play areas, trim trails or outdoor gyms and/or equipment is damaged, the play equipment will be removed/isolated. In some cases facility will be closed.
Vandalised facilities are monitored for a minimum period of 6 months before any equipment is replaced or returned.
To report a problem on a play area, trim trail or outdoor gym on council land only please use the online form and tell us:
- The location
- What item is damaged, for example a swing or slide
- What damage has been caused
- Was the damage caused through vandalism or an arson attack