There are three main options of registered childcare for during school holidays:

  1. Out of school clubs usually offer care during school holidays
  2. Childminders also care for children during the holiday periods
  3. Holiday playschemes located at local leisure centres offer multi-activities for half or full days. For shorter periods of a few hours, council playschemes take place at other venues across the town, although the majority of these are usually run during the summer.

How to apply for a place

You can apply for a place by contacting the provider directly. They will tell you about their admissions policy and inform you when a place is available for your child.