Schools forums give schools greater involvement in the distribution of funding within their area.
We must consult the Warrington schools forum on the formula used to fund local schools as well as other issues in connection with school budgets.
Meeting dates 2023
Meetings are to be held virtually at 4.30 pm unless stated otherwise:
- 21 March 2023
- 20 June 2023
- 10 October 2023
What does the schools forum do?
We must consult the schools’ forum about:
- any proposed changes to the school funding formula
- the financial effect of such a change
- a number of specific matters relating to the schools’ budget
and these are:
- pupils with special education needs
- pupil referral units and "education otherwise"
- early years education
- any prospective revision to the funding scheme
- arrangements for paying central government grant to schools
- arrangements for free school meals
We can also consult the schools forum about any other matter relating to the funding of schools.
Who is on the schools forum?
- Headteachers from nursery, primary, secondary and special schools, including academies
- Representatives from schools’ governing bodies
- Representative from the Pupil Referral Unit
- Early years representative from the private, voluntary and independent sector
- The Church of England and Roman Catholic Dioceses
Schools forum is a public meeting and papers are published on this website at least a week in advance. If you would like to attend please contact the schools forum clerk.
Contact the schools forum
Email the schools forum team or call 01925 443591