Scheduled Maintenance: My Warrington (my.warrington.gov.uk) may be unavailable for a short time on 29 February 2020, between 11am to 12pm for scheduled maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Schools forums give schools greater involvement in the distribution of funding within their Local Authority.
We (the Local Authority) must consult the Warrington Schools Forum on the formula used to fund local schools as well as other issues in connection with school budgets.
Meeting dates 2020
Meetings are held at 5.15 pm, at Sir Thomas Boteler CE High School:
- 14 January 2020
- 24 March 2020
- 23 June 2020
- 13 October 2020
What does the Schools Forum do?
Schools forums are governed by the Schools Forums (England) Regulations. We must consult the Schools’ Forum about:
- any proposed changes to the school funding formula
- the financial effect of such a change
- a number of specific matters relating to the schools’ budget
and these are:
- pupils with special education needs
- pupil referral units and "education otherwise"
- early years education
- any prospective revision to the funding scheme
- arrangements for paying central government grant to schools
- arrangements for free school meals
We can also consult the Schools Forum about any other matter relating to the funding of schools.
Who is on the Schools Forum?
The Schools Forum membership includes:
- Headteachers from nursery, primary, secondary and special schools, including academies
- Representatives from schools’ governing bodies
- Representative from the Pupil Referral Unit
- Early years representative from the private, voluntary and independent sector
- The Church of England and Roman Catholic Dioceses
Contact the Schools Forum