Our short break home is for young people between four to 17 years of age who have complex health needs, autism and/or disabilities.
The home is based at Westland Drive and is run by our experienced and knowledgeable team.
What we offer
We offer individual packages of overnight support via assessments from a qualified social worker .
A short break includes different activities and support for young people to build up their independence, communication and social skills.
We also have access to a vehicle for day trips, a large secure garden area and a trampoline.
The Westland Drive team is made up of:
- a registered manager
- an assistant manager
- eight residential care workers
- two residential support workers
- three waking night staff
All staff are trained in safeguarding, medication and a variety of different communication methods and can administer medication that your child may need.
Each child who stays at Westland Drive will have a key worker allocated to them who will complete a care plan. Parents are encouraged to keep in regular contact with their child’s key worker to ensure that the home has up-to-date information about your child.
- bookings are arranged on a three monthly basis
- requests for an increase in provision should be made to your child’s social worker
- we cannot provide toiletries or personal care items for children and young people so you will need to make sure that your child brings them for their stay.
- Westland Drive is inspected twice a year by Ofsted. The last inspection judged the home as 'Outstanding'.