Scheduled Maintenance: My Warrington (my.warrington.gov.uk) may be unavailable for a short time on 29 February 2020, between 11am to 12pm for scheduled maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Libraries Partnership Board
The Libraries Partnership Board has now been set up to ensure Warrington's library services are dynamic, comprehensive, universal and sustainable for all Warrington residents.
- Support the council to deliver a libraries service in compliance with the Public Libraries and Museums Act 1964
- Develop, publish and agree with partners a new Library Strategy for Warrington
- Oversee the implementation of the Library Strategy and a programme of modernisation proposals as agreed by the council's Executive Board
- Ensure impact assessments for each of the modernisation proposals are robust, and that consultation and engagement processes are appropriately carried out
- Draw on national and international best practice to identify opportunities to sustain and enhance library services in Warrington
- Lead on seeking external funding opportunities to promote innovation and best practice
The board can make recommendations to the council's Cabinet, policy committees, and to the Livewire Board.
In the first few months of 2019, we published our draft Library Strategy for 2019-22 and asked you what you thought about it. We’re now finalising the strategy based on what you told us, and we hope to publish the final Library Strategy 2019-22 in the summer.
- Lynton Green (Chair) - Director of Corporate Services, Warrington Borough Council
- Eleanor Blackburn - Head of Strategic Partnerships and Commissioning, Warrington Borough Council
- Emma Hutchinson - Managing Director, LiveWire and Culture Warrington
- Cheryl Siddall - People, Performance and Resources Director, LiveWire
- Wendy Molyneux - Strategic Library Manager, LiveWire
- Amanda Juggins - Business Intelligence Manager, Warrington Borough Council
- Steve Cullen - Chief Officer, Warrington District Citizens Advice Bureau
- Peter Lewenz - SWISH
- Gary Borrows - Save Warrington Libraries
- Cllr Joan Grimes - Friends of Culcheth Library
Monday 13th January 2.00pm and 4.00pm at the Base, Dallam Lane, Warrington WA2 7NG
The partnership board meetings are open to members of the public to attend which is on a first-come first-served basis. The capacity for this meeting is 20 guests. To book a place please email email@example.com . The board may consider a matter in private if is 'confidential and exempt information' as set out in the council’s constitution (Section E, Access to Information - Rule 8).
The board meets at least every two months, more often if needed.
In 2016 LiveWire, the community interest company (CiC) that runs Warrington’s leisure, library and lifestyle services, consulted on how to modernise the library service.
In response, many people stressed how important the service is to them, and the good it does for our communities and cultural life.
This strength of feeling led to the set-up of a Libraries Working Group to consider residents’ feedback, review the needs of local people, and liaise with community groups.
The group made recommendations to keep all libraries open for the foreseeable future, which was approved by the council's Executive Board in Dec 2017. After this, the Libraries Partnership Board was set up to deliver a new partnership strategy and establish a new set of performance measures.