We need to have some certainty that a car or van is abandoned before we can do anything about it.
Report an abandoned vehicle
We can only arrange for a vehicle to be removed if there is no owner or if the owner doesn’t respond when we ask them to move the vehicle.
Before you report an abandoned vehicle to us, you must check the vehicle registration number on the .GOV.UK's vehicle enquiry website to see if it has an MOT and if it is taxed.
A vehicle may be abandoned if:
- it has no tax and / or MOT
- it’s been in the same place for a long time
- it’s badly damaged - for example flat tyres, missing wheels or broken windows
- it’s number plates are missing
- it’s full of rubbish
You’ll need to tell us:
- Where the vehicle is
- The make, model and colour
- The registration number, if you know it
- The state of the vehicle, including any damage
- How long it has been there
Please don’t report vehicles which are causing a nuisance as ‘abandoned’, such as:
- vehicles which are illegally parked, such as on yellow lines
- vehicles which are badly parked, such as near a school
To report issues like this please visit our parking problems web page where you can ask us to put down new yellow lines, ask us to send a traffic warden to the area, or ask us to make improvements to school parking.