You can hire the chapel at Walton Lea Crematorium for a funeral service. Services usually take place every 40 minutes, however you can hire the chapel for a further 40 minutes if you’d like to.
What happens at the service
You can personalise the funeral service and decide what you want to include.
Here are some things to think about when you’re planning the funeral:
- Whether you would like a religious or civil service
- Who you would like to conduct the service, such as a member of the clergy or another religious official, or a civil celebrant
- Whether you would like to have the curtains drawn across the coffin, or left open
- Whether you would like to show pictures on the plasma screen during the service
- Whether you would like to play any music before, during or after the service
- Who will be collecting the cremated remains
- What you would like to do with the cremated remains
Please make sure that you let your funeral director, our crematorium staff and the person conducting the service know about your decisions. We’re all committed to making sure the service reflects your wishes and brings you comfort at such a difficult time.