Street cleaning and litter picking takes place throughout the year on our streets and within parks and play areas.
- Litter picking is done on schedule in highly used areas for example a shopping precinct
- The Town Centre is cleansed to a separate maintenance schedule
- Public open spaces are litter picked during the growing season for grass cutting only
To report street cleaning or litter issue please use the online form and tell us:
- The location that requires cleansing
- As much information as possible about the location for example landmark/property address
Please do not report a cleansing issue which is on private land - e.g. a house or a supermarket car park. Report this directly to the property owner.
Litter Bin Emptying
We empty litter bins on highway and in parks throughout the year to help keep the environment clean.
- All litter bins are emptied on a variety of schedules
- The majority of litter bins are emptied once a week
- The town centre litter bins are emptied and inspected daily
- Play area litter bins are emptied twice a week
To report a bin that is overflowing and needs emptying and/or damaged please use the online form and tell us:
- The location of the litter bin
- What damage has occurred including, fire damage, vandalism, liquids ie: paint