We empty litter bins on highways and in parks throughout the year to help keep the environment clean.
- All litter bins are emptied on a variety of schedules
- The majority of litter bins are emptied once a week
- The town centre litter bins are emptied and inspected daily
- Play area litter bins are emptied twice a week
How you can help keep your streets clean
- Put your litter and chewing gum in the bin – don’t litter, it’s a criminal offence
- Take your household rubbish and recycling to a community recycling centre
- Get a trade waste contract for your business
- Clean up after your dog
- Don’t put up posters – this is called fly-posting, it's untidy and illegal
- Don’t park where you want us to clean!
Fly-tipping or littering?
Could the rubbish you've seen be fly-tipping or littering?