During the appointment, the registrar will ask you for the following information:
- Your name and address
- Your occupation
- Where and when you were born
- If you have any other children
- Any previous names or surnames
- The date of your marriage or civil partnership (if this applies)
Your registrar will then ask you to check and sign the register page.
It’s really useful if you can also bring:
- Your passport(s) or,
- Your driving licence(s) or,
- A recent utility bill
- and your marriage or civil partnership certificate, if this applies
But don’t worry if you don’t have these documents available, you may still sign the register page without them. However, it can cost you between £75 and £90 if you need to correct or add any information at a later date. So before you sign the register, please make sure you check all the information carefully.
If English is not your first language and you feel you may need the help of an interpreter, please ensure someone who can interpret for you is also present at your appointment.