We look after 377 bridges and related structures in Warrington, including:
- 221 road bridges
- 93 park bridges
- 18 subways
- 33 culverts (wider than 1.5m)
- 12 highway retaining walls (more than 1.5m high)
There are some bridges which we’re not responsible for:
- The swing bridges over the Manchester Ship Canal are owned by Peel Ports
- Most railway bridges are owned by Network Rail
- Bridges over the Bridgewater Canal are owned by the Peel Group
Reporting damage or safety issues concerning bridges and other structures
If a bridge or structure has been damaged in a road accident, or presents a general safety issue, please report this to us.
We'll need to know:
- When and where the bridge or structure was damaged.
- How the damage occurred, including details of what kind of vehicles were involved.
- Any other relevant details.
We'll come and inspect it, and if we’re worried about safety we’ll close the road and manage the traffic whilst the damage is fixed.
You can also use this form to submit any general enquiries you may have related to local structures.