In July 2018, we formally made the Warrington Borough Council (Warrington Waterfront - Centre Park Link) Compulsory Purchase Order 2018 under Sections 239, 240, 246 and 260 of the Highways Act 1980 and Schedule 3 to the Acquisition of Land Act 1981.
On 19 July, the Order was submitted to the Secretary of State for Transport for confirmation and was confirmed with modifications on 30 November 2018. The Order authorises us to compulsorily purchase land and new rights for the purpose of:
- constructing and improving the highway that will link Chester Road (A5060) and Slutchers Lane, which is to be a highway maintainable at the public expense;
- the construction of a new road bridge over the River Mersey from Chester Road to Slutchers Lane;
- the re-routing of town centre traffic;
- the carrying out of drainage works;
- the improvement or development of highway frontages; and
- the mitigation of any adverse effects
The land included within the order can be seen on the order map, and the schedule to the compulsory purchase order includes details of all parties with a land interest.