Work in progress from 10 May 2021 to 13 May 2021
Contractors will be carrying out surfacing night works between 10 May and 13 May, on Chester Road, Wilson Patten Street, and Slutcher's Lane. As a result, these roads will be closed between 7.00 pm, and 5.00 am (1.00 am for Chester Road/ Gainsborough Road) as outlined below. We'll ensure residents, businesses and station using the car park on Slutcher's Lane have access. Otherwise, diversions will be in place. Each road will reopen to traffic outside these working times.
Please note that road closures will be coordinated between each road and will not be closed simultaneously.
Here's the plan of the works:
Mon 10 May
- Full closure of Chester Road, including the junction with Gainsborough Road and Slutcher's Lane from the Network Rail Compound to Chester Road.
- To complete remedial works on Chester Road and Gainsborough Road junction and work up Slutchers Lane from Chester Road towards Network Rail Entrance.
Tues 11 May
- Full closure of Wilson Patten Street and Slutchers Lane North up to the junction with Wilson Patten Street.
- Complete remedial works on Wilson Patten Street/Arply Street and work up Slutchers Lane from the junction with Wilson Patten Street.
Weds 12 May
- Localised lane closures on Slutchers Lane under two-way lights as required.
Thurs 13 May
- To complete remedial works on Slutchers Lane.
To undertake works on Chester Road, we'll be closing on the evening/night of 10 May from A49 Wilderspool Causeway (Brian Bevan roundabout) to A56 Walton New Road. This closure will start at 7.00 pm until 5.00 am with access only for residents and businesses. The roads will reopen to traffic outside these working times. Please refer to the plan below showing the diversion route.