There are six children’s centres in Warrington which offer a variety of play based learning activities for young children (0-5, and up to 10) and their families.
Children's centres are opening up again check out our timetables to see what's going on
We offer a variety of play and development opportunities, childcare, health advice and guidance, family support and parenting advice. With a particular focus on the most disadvantaged families, children’s centres aim to work with families to reduce inequalities in child development and school readiness.
Services are regularly reviewed and developed in each area to meet the needs of local families.
Children’s centre services may include:
- crèches to support adult education and respite for family support
- adult education courses to gain qualifications and skills
- antenatal and post-natal care, including midwifery sessions (parent craft, rolling programme), health visitor advice, baby massage
- advice from a range of professionals such as Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB), health visitors, family support workers, parent partnership
- safe-buy scheme – safety equipment for the home at excellent prices
- volunteering opportunities
- stay and play sessions for parents/carers and their children
The core purpose of children’s centres is to improve outcomes for young children and their families and reduce inequalities between families in greatest need and their peers in: