Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Domestic abuse support

Domestic abuse affects the whole family. Don't suffer in silence, talk to someone that can help.

In an emergency, always dial 999


  • Domestic violence and abuse can be actual or threatened and can happen once every so often or on a regular basis
  • It can happen to anyone, in all kinds of relationships 
  • People suffer domestic abuse regardless of their social group, class, age, race, disability, sexuality or lifestyle 
  • The abuse can begin at any time – in new relationships or after many years together 
  • Children are affected by domestic abuse both in the short and long term

Support services and contact details

Refuge Warrington Independent Domestic Violence Abuse (IDVA) service
Tel: 01925 243359

Support and information for men and women at risk from domestic abuse

Cheshire Police (24 hour)
101 (non emergency)

Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre
01925 221546

Warrington Women's Aid Refuge
01925 417138

Safe, temporary accommodation for women and their children experiencing domestic abuse. Support and advice to men experiencing domestic abuse.

Housing Plus - independent housing advice and services including sanctuary scheme
01925 246868

Victim Support
0151 424 2785 (24 hours answer phone)

National 24-hour Domestic Violence Helpline (freephone)
0808 2000 247

Men's Advice Line - support for male victims of domestic abuse
0808 801 0327

01823 334244

Support for male victims

Karma Nirvana Honour Network Helpline - support for victims and survivors of forced marriage and honour based abuse
0800 5999 247

Respect - support for men and women facing up to abusive behaviour towards a partner
0808 802 4040

National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) Injunctions
0844 8044 999

The Hideout - support for children and young people

NSPCC - Female Genital Mutilation 24 hour helpline
0800 028 3550

Warrington Domestic Abuse Partnership
01925 443124