Domestic abuse support
Domestic abuse affects the whole family. Don't suffer in silence, talk to someone that can help. In an emergency, always dial 999.
- Domestic violence and abuse can be actual or threatened and can happen once every so often or on a regular basis
- It can happen to anyone, in all kinds of relationships
- People suffer domestic abuse regardless of their social group, class, age, race, disability, sexuality or lifestyle
- The abuse can begin at any time – in new relationships or after many years together
- Children are affected by domestic abuse both in the short and long term
The council is supporting the Home Office campaign ‘Disrespect NoBody’, which encourages young people to know the signs of a unhealthy relationship.
The Home Office recently launched the next phase of the Disrespect NoBody campaign. The aim of the campaign is to prevent young people, both boys and girls aged 12 to 18 years old, from becoming victims of abusive relationships or from harming others.
The Disrespect NoBody campaign helps young people to:
- Understand what a healthy relationship is
- Re-think their views of controlling behaviour, violence, abuse and sexual abuse
- Understand what consent means within their relationships.
For more information go to www.disrespectnobody.co.uk
Support services and contact details:
Refuge Warrington Independent Domestic Violence Abuse (IDVA) service - 01925 243359 - www.refuge.org.uk
Cheshire Police - 101 (non emergency)
Warrington Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre - 01925 221546
Warrington Women's Aid Refuge - 01925 417138 - www.womensaid.org.uk
Safe, temporary accommodation for women and their children experiencing domestic abuse. Support and advice to men experiencing domestic abuse.
Housing Plus - 01925 246868
Independent housing advice and services including a sanctuary scheme
Victim Support - 0151 424 2785 (24 hours answer phone)
National 24-hour Domestic Violence Helpline - 0808 2000 247 (freephone)
Men's Advice Line - 0808 801 0327
support for male victims of domestic abuse
Mankind - 01823 334244 - www.mankind.org.uk
Karma Nirvana Honour Network Helpline - 0800 5999 247 - www.karmanirvana.org.uk
Support for victims and survivors of forced marriage and honour based abuse
Respect - 0808 802 4040 - www.respect.uk.net
Support for men and women facing up to abusive behaviour towards a partner
National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) Injunctions - 0844 8044 999
The Hideout - www.thehideout.org.uk
Support for children and young people
NSPCC - 0800 028 3550
Female genital mutilation 24 hour helpline
Warrington Domestic Abuse Partnership - 01925 443124