Coordinating the ongoing flooding recovery response
We are supporting Care UK Charity who are coordinating the ongoing flood response. Care UK Charity are helping to allocate monetary donations received, as well as donations of furniture and other household items and appliances.
Visit the Care UK Charity website to get in touch with the team if you would like to find out more about how to access any donations, if you have been affected by the flooding.
If your property has been affected by flooding
- Speak to your home insurer about arrangements – your insurers should be able to provide advice, support and guidance about the next steps
- The National Flood Forum can also offer help and support on 01299 403055.
- Speak to your landlord if you are a tenant at a rented or social housing property
- The gov.uk website also has guidance on how to recover from flooding
Support for those affected by flooding in Warrington
- Visit our local support scheme page for information on how to apply for local support.
- Visit the Care UK Charity website for information about donated households items/furniture. Support is available in the form of donated goods such as furniture, clothing and electrical items. Local community groups are also encouraged to refer residents in need direct to Care UK Charity.
- Get in touch with the Friends of Meadowside community support group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07387 741988.
Stay COVID safe
Please be mindful that if you have any coronavirus symptoms, however mild, you should self-isolate and book a test immediately. We are very grateful for our communities coming together and supporting each other through this challenging period.
Tradespeople and volunteers
Warrington Voluntary Action are coordinating volunteers and tradespeople who would like to help as part of the flood recovery. To register your interest in supporting, please email Alice Kelly at email@example.com
Cheshire Police have issued guidance and information about being aware of rogue traders. Sadly, some people may appear to be highly professional but could use aggressive selling techniques or charge high prices for work. Read the full statement on the Cheshire Police website.
Further flooding advice
Visit our flooding advice page for information on how to take preventative flooding steps, such as signing up for flood alerts and creating a flood plan.