Local land charges search data is computerised and the results are based on spatial data.
Local authority search request
We accept both postal and email request but you will need to submit the following:
- The appropriate search request forms (LLC1/CON29R/CON29O) we do not provide these forms
- Two copies of an accurate, up-to-date 1:1250 scale plan (Ordnance Survey based) - clearly showing the boundaries of the property/land in context with the surrounding area outlined in red.
- A cheque made payable to ‘Warrington Borough Council’ covering the fees.
- or alternatively, if you want to pay via bacs please email the local land charges department for details
The plan should clearly show an authorised copyright agreement statement. We will not accept screenshots from web based mapping programs. Failure to send a correct plan will result in the search request being suspended pending receipt of an acceptable plan.
Please send the required documents to :
Please note that all fees are non-refundable.
- LLC1 - £20
- Additional Parcels (LLC1) - £1 each
- CON29R (Required) - £151.80
- Individual CON29R questions - Download the fees [pdf]
- CON29O (Optional) - £18 each
- Additional Parcels (CON29) - £12 each
Above prices now include VAT at 20% on CON29 products, due to a change by HMRC.
Additional rated land parcels are where there is more than one rated land or property within the stated search boundaries. For example, if you request a search for two or more properties adjacent to one another or multiple properties within one building, you'll need to pay an additional rated land parcel fee for each additional property or area of land. If your search request is found to have additional rated land parcels then we will ask you to resubmit your forms, plan and cheque. This can cause a delay, so please make sure that you check for any additional rated land parcels before you submit your search request.
- Official/personal search requests can take up to 10 working days