Street cleaning and litter picking takes place throughout the year on our streets and within parks and play areas.
We litter pick as part of a schedule in highly used areas, such as shopping precincts and during the spring and summer months, we litter pick public open spaces so that we can safely cut the grass. However, the town centre has it's own maintenance team which operate on a different cleansing schedule.
If you want to ask us to sweep a road, you will need to use our road sweeping report it form.
Please report a cleansing issue which is on private land - e.g. a house or a supermarket car park, directly to the property owner.
Litter and dumped rubbish
Please don’t use this form to report dropped litter such as cigarette butts, crisp packets, tin cans, chocolate wrappers, newspapers and fast food cartons – or to report dumped rubbish or fly-tipping like bin bags, sofas or furniture, use the report fly-tipping form.
If you are reporting a lost or stolen green, black or blue wheelie bin please review the Bins, Waste and recycling information.
You can ask us to empty an overflowing bin using the report a litter bin issue form
How you can help keep your streets clean
- Put your litter and chewing gum in the bin – don’t litter, it’s a criminal offence
- Take your household rubbish and recycling to a community recycling centre
- Get a trade waste contract for your business
- Clean up after your dog
- Don’t put up posters – this is called flyposting, it's untidy and illegal
- Don’t park where you want us to clean!