On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Shrubs and hedges
We prune shrubberies in parks and Council owned land during the winter months.
- We will prioritise shrubberies that are overgrowing and obstructing a pathway for example at a road junction/or in a park
- Please note that during bird nesting season (March – August) we will not cut any shrubberies unless there is a priority health and safety issue
To report overgrown shrubs please complete the online form and tell us:
- The location of the shrubbery
- Is it causing an obstruction? If not, this will not be pruned until the winter months
- Are there any bird nests visible?
To report shrubs and trees overhanging your property or other general tree enquiries please use our report an issue with a tree form.