Some families can get 15 hours funded a week (across the school year, 38 weeks) with a childcare provider.
Your child will be learning and playing with other children. This could also give you time (15 hours a week) to study or look for work.
You will need to meet one or more of the following criteria for your child to be eligible:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
2-year-olds can also get funded childcare if they:
- are looked after (in the care of) by a local authority
- have an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP)
- get Disability Living Allowance
- have left care under an adoption order, special guardianship order or a child arrangements order
To confirm your eligibility, and get your code register on the portal