Unauthorised work is building work that has been started without having been properly approved.

If you think unauthorised building work is happening where you live then please let us know. It’s in everyone’s interest around you that building regulations are met.

Planning breach

If you want to report a breach of planning control you can do this online.

Reporting unauthorised building work

You can tell us of unauthorised building work online, if you want to report an issue with work on a tree, please visit our Trees and TPOs page.

To tell us of unauthorised building work work, we need to know:

  • Your name and address
  • Address of supposed unauthorised work
  • Nature of work