Warrington East - phase 2
The Warrington East phase 2 project is designed to improve overall traffic flow along the A574 Birchwood Way, reducing congestion, improving road safety and general accessibility for cyclists and pedestrians. The project follows the success of the Birchwood Pinchpoint (Phase 1), and is funded from the Cheshire and Warrington Growth Deal and our own Capital Investment Programme.
Following the public consultation exercise in May, the project was designed to reflect public and stakeholder opinion. The design process was also informed by technical and environmental surveys carried out during Autumn 2017.
Final approval for the project was given at the April Executive Board Committee together with the appointment of Balfour Beatty as the principal contractor.
The construction programme will start in July 2018 and will continue until December 2019. As there is likely to be some traffic disruption along Birchwood Way, we've organised a series of public exhibitions so that you can see what is being planned and meet with members from our project team.
- Tues 15 May - 12:00pm - 14:00pm - The Centre, Birchwood Park
- Wed 16 May - 12:00pm - 20:00pm - Birchwood Shopping Centre, outside ASDA
- Thurs 17 May - 12:00pm - 18:00pm - Padgate library, Insall Road
- Sat 19 May - 10:00am - 15:00pm - Birchwood Shopping Centre , outside ASDA
- Tues 22 May - 12:00pm - 14:00pm - The Centre, Birchwood Park
Copies of the displays and plans used at these exhibitions can be found below:
- Plan of Blackbrook Avenue scheme [pdf]
- Plan of College Place scheme [pdf]
- Plan of Oakwood Gate scheme [pdf]
- Proposed road closure on Birchwood Way - August to December 2018 [pdf]
We'll also use the exhibitions to seek your views on the phase 3 project. Funding for this project has been obtained through a successful bid to the government's National Productivity Investment Fund (NPIF) and it will be used to expand Birchwood Way to two lanes in each direction between Moss Gate and Junction 11 of the M62.
If you'd like to comment on either the phase 2 or phase 3 projects, please use our feedback form.
If you've any enquiries about our proposals/project then please email the design team.