You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
Apply for a community recycling centre permit
We don’t issue any permits for Stockton Heath community recycling centre.
We only accept household waste, you can’t bring trade waste to a community recycling centre, with or without a permit. We do offer a trade waste collection service.
How to apply
Ring us on 01925 442527 between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. Call at least 48 hours before you plan to visit. Permits are free.
You’ll need to tell us:
- Which community recycling centre you want to use
- How many times you plan to visit – you can only visit up to three times in a 12 month period
- What date you want to visit
- What items you need to get rid of, and how much – you’ll only be allowed to tip the items detailed on your permit
- The make, model and registration number of the vehicle you’ll be using
Make sure you bring your permit number with you, plus proof of your address such as your driving licence or a recent utility bill.
- If you’re visiting in your car, to get rid of a small amount of household waste
- If you’re making one trip, using a van / commercial-type vehicle / trailer, to get rid of a small amount of household waste
Please bring your driving licence or a recent utility bill to confirm that you live in Warrington. We may also ask you to sign a form to confirm that it’s only household, and not trade, waste.
- If you’ll be visiting more than once, in a van or other commercial-type vehicle, or with a trailer, to get rid of a larger amount household waste
- If you want to get rid of items which aren’t classed as household waste
These items aren’t classed as household waste:
- Rubble, bricks, paving stones, wall and floor tiles, roof tiles
- Fencing, sheds, decking, concrete posts and panels
- Plaster / plasterboard
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suites
- Doors and window frames
- Fireplaces , radiators and central heating boilers
- Gutters, downpipes, fascias
- Loft installation
You can’t use a recycling centre at all if your vehicle is over 3.5 tonnes, or if you’re using a trailer bigger than 3 metres in length or 1.5 metres in width. We also can’t accept:
- Trade waste
- Car tyres / wheels and other vehicle parts
- Fire extinguishers
- Gas bottles including butane, propane, camping gas and oxygen cylinders
- Hazardous or inflammable liquids and chemicals