Scheduled Maintenance: My Warrington (my.warrington.gov.uk) may be unavailable for a short time on 29 February 2020, between 11am to 12pm for scheduled maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Woolston community recycling centre
- Weekdays: 10am-4pm
- Weekends and bank holidays: 8am-6pm
Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
How to find us
- Aluminium foil
- Batteries – car, leisure and household
- Cans – aluminium and steel
- CDs, DVDs, videotapes
- Cooking oil
- Ferrous metal
- Fluorescent tubes
- Glass – amber, clear, green,
- Grass / garden waste
- Hardcore / rubble
- Ink cartridges
- Mineral oil
- Mobile phones
- Non-ferrous metal
- Other white goods
- Paper - normal and shredded
- PC and associated hardware
- Plastic bags
- Plastic bottles - mixed
- Rigid plastic
- Small electrical items - such as radios, DVD and video players, toasters, vacuum cleaners, etc
- TVs and PC monitors
- Video tapes
- Washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers
- Wood / timber
- Car tyres / wheels and other vehicle parts
- Fire extinguishers
- Fridges and freezers
- Gas bottles including butane, propane, camping gas and oxygen cylinders
- Hazardous or inflammable liquids and chemicals
Items you will need a permit for
- Rubble, bricks, paving stones, wall and floor tiles, roof tiles
- Fencing, sheds, decking concrete posts and panels
- Plaster / plasterboard
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suites
- Doors and window frames
- Fireplaces , radiators and central heating boilers
- Gutters, downpipes, fascias
- Loft installation
We don’t consider these items as ‘household waste’ so there are limits on how much you can bring to the recycling centre and will need a recycling centre permit.
Vans, trailers and large vehicles
Vehicles more than 3.5 tonnes, and trailers bigger than 3 metres in length or 1.5 metres in width, aren't allowed at all. If you do want to use a van or other commercial-type vehicle, or a vehicle pulling a trailer, you may need a recycling centre permit.
None of our community recycling centres accept trade or commercial waste. This includes rubbish or recycling from business premises (including home businesses), shops, offices, factories, garages, car washes, schools, charities, landlords of rented properties, builders and other tradespeople. Take a look at our reliable and competitive trade waste service.
Recycling site rules
- Always follow the one-way system
- Don’t go more than 5mph
- You can’t access the site on foot
- Follow all instructions given by the staff
- Keep dogs in your vehicle
The wellbeing of our staff is really important, we take it very seriously and we don’t tolerate any verbal or physical abuse, or intimidating behaviour.
Sometimes we have to close for a short time when there are lorries on site to collect the containers, we’re sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.