Get rid of large household items
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted item, can you get rid of it another way? If it's in good condition, give it to someone who could use it. Or, if you can get it there, take it to your nearest community recycling centre.
If you'd prefer us to arrange a bulky waste collection, our charges are:
- White goods: Free of charge
(washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers)
- Other items: £20 for up to three items
(furniture, bikes, small electricals, carpets, etc)
- Extra items: £6.67 each, for up to two extra items
To book a collection of your unwanted items, call us now on 01925 443322.
You will need to pay by debit or credit card over the phone.
If you're unable to make a card payment, cash is accepted in person at Contact Warrington, 26-30 Horsemarket Street.
If you receive housing benefit or council tax support you may be entitled to one free collection, of up to three chargeable items, per year.
Where to leave your items
Please leave your items outside your property by 7am on the arranged day and no earlier than 48 hours before the date of collection. Make sure they are:
- dry and covered – particularly furniture
- accessible when we arrive to collect them
- clearly identifiable
- only those items booked for collection – any other items will be left
- on your driveway or your garden NOT behind locked gates or sheds
In exceptional circumstances our contractor may take items from within the house. An adult must be present to sign a disclaimer for the contractor entering the property, in case of accidental damage during the removal process.
Cancellations and refunds
If you want to cancel your collection and receive a refund you must call Contact Warrington on 01925 443322 before 12noon on the working day before your collection is due. If you call after 12noon you will not be entitled to a refund.
- No refund will be given if the collection can't be completed
- Only items requested will be removed
- Heavily soiled items will not be collected