Warrington’s Employment Development Team (EDT) are supporting people who are looking for work.
Are you looking for work?
Skills and employment
Warrington’s Employment Development Team can provide all the support you need to enable you to move into employment. We offer a range of services to support you in identifying and developing your job hunting and employability skills and can help with overcoming barriers to employment.
- CV writing
- Completing application forms
- Interview techniques, including mock interviews
- Confidence in the workplace
- Job searching
- Work experience and placement opportunities
We work with external partners, including local voluntary/community bodies and other statutory organisations to deliver a total package of employment support projects. These are both employer-led (helping with recruitment drives, co-ordinating/hosting open days/interviews) and client-led (a tailored approach according to individual needs and preferences).
Our menu of support will enable businesses to thrive ensuring future economic growth for the Warrington community as a whole. In addition to all residents, including those from priority groups and target areas, we aim to improve employability skills and ultimately help people to gain employment.
We negotiate with employers and support people throughout the recruitment process into job opportunities. The agreement covers job vacancies, guaranteed interviews, specific/bespoke training needs, skills update, apprenticeships, site visits, work placements/experience opportunities etc.
Looking for a new role?
If you would like us to help you find a new role, please email us with the following info and we will be in touch to discuss your needs.
- First name
- Last name
- Email address:
- Contact number:
- The type of work you are looking for
- A CV if you have one
Warrington & Co.
The Base, Dallam Lane, Warrington, WA2 7NG
Helping you grow
We work with our local businesses to demonstrate how to be part of the thriving growth by:
- Offering a recruitment service from a range of partners including apprenticeships and links to skills and training opportunities
- Encouraging them to think local in terms of their staff, suppliers and partners
- Initiating local partnerships and supply chain
- Matching clients to a role, taking into account the requirements of both the potential employee and the employer
- Understanding how to strengthen and build upon the local economy in order to sustain current growth
- Using the service can improve productivity, employee retention and increase the employer’s base by appealing to a wider audience through having a diverse staff base
Employers looking to recruit
If you are an employer looking to recruit, we can source potential employees to meet current recruitment demand. Please let us know your requirements by emailing email@example.com
For all existing partners or for any other unemployed resident wanting to access online employment support to get CVs into shape and prepare for interviews, please contact the team and we will ensure you get the assistance you need.
The Employment Development Team is available and will conduct one to one appointments and registrations over the phone and online.
We work with employers/organisations who sadly have made redundancies to reduce the workforce or are relocating. This is done in association with Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and the National Careers Service. The support offered is the same as above with regard to CV workshops, interview skills and techniques, including mock interviews and job matching where appropriate.
Warrington LiFE is a careers information, advice and guidance service offering practical support in looking for work as well as information and advice on education, employment and training.
For Warrington young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities, visit out Local Offer website.
Some examples of the help on offer include:
- the opportunity to receive one to one information, advice and guidance (IAG)
- personal skills analysis and action planning
- access to preparing for employment qualifications
Neighbourhoods in Warrington service
Our neighbourhoods team also offer weekly job clubs.
The job clubs run as a drop in, and cover such things as:
- one-to-one job search activities
- group work job search activities
- customer job search activities
- letter writing
- money management
- benefits advice