Starting a new food business and Registration
When you're starting up a new catering business it's very important to get things right at the beginning because it'll make everything much easier for you to run your business well in the future. The Food Standards Agency has pages explaining what you need to consider and also explains what you need to do to Register as a Food Business with the Council. If you are regularly organising a Food Business (even if it is for charity) you will need to register. It is free and you can find out how on the following link:
Starting a food business | Food Standards Agency
Book an advisory visit
Book the chance to have an advisory visit ahead of any unannounced food hygiene inspection.
Food Standards Agency (FSA) research has shown that customers are becoming more aware of the food hygiene rating scheme and are actively looking for hygiene rating stickers when they're out and about. A better rating means more customers.
What we offer
An advisory visit will include:
- Advice on your Food Safety Management System,
- Assessing the current level of compliance for hygiene and structure of your premises
- Advice on how you can comply with the Regulations ahead of your routine inspection.
- Provide you with a copy of Safer Food Better Business, if you do not have a copy already.
Book a visit
Call 01925 442587/01925 442588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For existing business - £164.43
- For new business - £124
You can find a full list of our fees by visiting our Fees and Charges page