Multiply is a range of flexible adult number sessions across Warrington.
People who get better with numbers have more chance to:
- Be in work
- Have higher wages
- Have better wellbeing
They will be more likely to get better training to get a more skilled job.
Businesses that train people to get better with numbers can help:
- Boost productivity
- Increase profits
- Improve keeping staff
Government have launched a national project to help with numbers called Multiply. It helps improve ability with numbers and maths for use in daily life at home and work. That might mean:
- Better home finances
- Helping children with homework
- Making more sense of the statistics and facts in the media
- Improving number skills for work
Am I eligible?
If you are aged 19+ and do not already have a GCSE at grade C (or equivalent) in maths and live in our borough you can join in.
We can work with employers to help their workforce to gain a Maths GCSEs or work-ready qualification. We can design and deliver flexible programmes at no cost to them.
What support is available?
- A range of events and taster sessions to start working with numbers.
- Access to further sessions locally
- Funding for local community groups to help support sessions.
For further information
Further support sessions available:
- Increase confidence with numbers for those who need a first steps towards a qualification
- Help people manage their money
- Sessions for people who cannot apply for certain jobs because of a lack of number skills and help people to get better with numbers to get a certain job or career
- Parents wanting to help their children
- Activities and sessions developed with community groups to engage with the hardest to reach learners
- Local drop-in centres
Warrington Voluntary Action has more information on courses available.
Book your place on a course through Standguide by calling 0161 881 4826.
- To be confirmed for 2024
Feed your family for a fiver!
Are you on a tight budget and wanting to find clever ways to shop for a bargain and reduce your food bills? Are you wanting to create wholesome meals for the family without breaking the bank? If so, then look no further as this is the perfect course for you!
On this exciting new course, you will learn all about how to shop for a bargain, with a focus on getting the best offers and being careful with the ingredients you select. You will also learn how to create beautiful meals for the whole family using a slow cooker.
If you attend all of the sessions, you will even receive a fantastic new slow cooker as a FREE* gift, enabling you to put into practice all you have learned on the course!
Warrington campus, Winwick Road, Warrington WA2 8QA Start Dates:
Dates: 23 February 2024
Duration: 5 weeks
To be eligible for this course, you must be 19 years or older as of 31 August 2023. You will also need to live within a Warrington postcode.
To find out more, visit wvr.ac.uk, or to enrol on this course, please call 01925 494 400.
*Terms & conditions apply.