You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
The My Town campaign is all about you sharing your ideas for the town centre and how, with a bid for funding as part of the Towns Fund initiative, we can make Warrington an even better place for those who live and work here.
How can we bid for funding?
A board of Warrington’s business, community and political leaders have met to discuss an ambitious funding bid of up to £25 million. The Warrington Town Deal board has been set up to identify areas where a compelling case for funding can be put forward to contribute to, and complement, the work already being delivered to regenerate the town.
It is through this board that the funding bid will be formed and sent to government for consideration. Part of the process for the funding bid requires our Town Deal board to produce an investment plan which details our ambitions and areas where funding would be welcomed.
The objectives of the Towns Fund are to support regeneration through:
We are focusing on projects and proposals that will support a successful town centre into the future. As part of the funding bid, the Town Deal board is considering how funding could be used for:
- Town centre accessibility and travel – enhancing transport access, promoting active travel and public transport to support fewer cars in the town centre.
- A local walking and cycling improvement plan – to identify the type of infrastructure improvements needed to support a trebling of cycling over the next 20 years in the town
- Bus priority and corridor treatments – considering how key transport corridors and congestion pinch points can be improved to create better access to buses throughout the borough
- Social care skills academy – focusing on the growing need to fill a skills gap in the adult social care sector to make sure our older people are getting the support and care they need into the future
- Creative digital, arts and culture development – repurposing the high street with a flourishing cultural and visitor economy
- Town centre living – investing in more housing in the town centre
Where do you think funding could be spent?
We want to hear from you. You can share your views and suggestions for how money should be invested in Warrington by visiting mytown.communities.gov.uk/town/warrington/ where you can post your ideas on the online forum. Your submitted ideas will then be sent through to Warrington's Town Deal board, which will help to shape its plans for funding.
You can also get involved on social media by tagging @WarringtonBC and using #MyTown to share your views.