What is a digital hub?
The Digital Hub is designed to support innovation and collaboration for businesses using digital technology, such as artificial intelligence (AI), big data, virtual reality, e-commerce and logistics automation (building on the strengths of Omega Business Park). There will also be a focus on the gaming sector. This space will also encourage knowledge sharing and support local digital entrepreneurs.
The hub will be:
- a place to get inspired and learn about new digital technologies
- a place to create, develop and test new technologies and new technology products
- a place to set up and grow digital businesses
- a place to network with like-minded businesses
What is the Vision?
The ambition is for for Warrington’s Digital Hub to become an inspiration nationally for digital businesses and start-ups and internationally recognised as best in class - on a par with international Digital accelerators such as The Digital Hub in Dublin, Y Combinator in California and 8200 EISP in Tel Aviv.
Who is the hub for?
The hub will attract new and seasoned entrepreneurs, including:
- school leavers
- new graduates
- serial entrepreneurs
- digital founders
- people looking for new challenges and/or opportunities due to the economic impact of the pandemic
- young digital businesses on their growth phase.
It will be a diverse hub, with a mix of ages, abilities and technological knowledge.