You can apply for a disabled parking bay if you're a disabled resident and you don't have a driveway or another place to park on your property, and you have difficulty parking outside your home.

Who can apply for a disabled parking bay?

If you are a carer or support the blue badge holder, you can apply on their behalf.

You must:

  • have a blue badge,
  • be awarded the mobility component of PIP or DLA paid at the enhanced/higher rate
  • and have a car registered at your address.

How to apply 

You will need the following:

  • A My Warrington account - When you click the link to the application form, you will be asked to sign in to your My Warrington account, if you don't have one you'll need to register before filling in the form.
  • Your blue badge number and expiry date -You must have a valid blue badge registered in your name
  • Evidence of being awarded the mobility component of PIP or DLA - A scanned version or clear digital photos of your whole Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence award notification, which must include the higher rate mobility section.
  • Evidence the car you use is registered at your address - You will need your V5 or Motability agreement that shows the car is registered at your home address.

If you have any difficulty filling in the form or attaching your evidence, please bring your blue badge and evidence to Contact Warrington, and we'll help you fill in the form.

You must provide all of this information and evidence, ideally at the time that you apply, but no later than 21 days from when your application was made. If you don't provide your evidence your application will be closed and you'll need to re-apply

When we can’t install a disabled parking bay

  • If a vehicle is not registered at your address
  • If there are waiting restrictions, such as double yellow lines, outside your home
  • If there are traffic calming measures, such as speed humps, outside your home
  • If you have a driveway or garage
  • If there’s enough space on your property to park your car, or to create a space where you could park a car
  • If the road is less than 5.5 metres wide
  • If the provision of a bay would obstruct the flow of traffic
  • If the provision of a bay could obstruct your neighbours
  • If the area is owned or operated by a housing association – you’ll need to contact the housing association directly

We use a 10% rule which states that the number of disabled parking bays in any given road should not exceed 10% of the number of houses – for example, in a road consisting of 20 Houses, a maximum of 2 parking bays would be permitted to strike a balance for all road users including their safety and accessibility.

After you apply

After you apply we’ll assess the information you have provided, and complete an inspection of the road at the application address.

We will then consult with your closest neighbours and update you on whether or not a disabled parking bay can be installed.  Following this we will complete any required legal work and inform you of when our contractor is likely to mark the bay.

If we are unable to provide a bay, we’ll explain why.

Who can use the bay

Remember it’s not just yours! The disabled parking bay isn’t reserved for you, it can be used by anyone with a Blue Badge.