Are you thinking of suicide or self-harm?

Do you feel you can't cope or not in control anymore?

Do you have hallucinations or hear voices?

It's okay to not be okay, don't struggle alone.

Call the 24/7, all age urgent mental health crisis line

0800 051 1508

or visit Help in a crisis (

Find your local mental health crisis line on the NHS website

Only call 111 if you cannot get help online

If you have a hearing problem, use the NHS 111 British Sign Language (BSL) service

If you are having thoughts of suicide, are harming yourself or have thoughts about self-harm, it's important to tell someone. These thoughts and feelings can be complex, frightening and confusing, but you do not have to struggle alone. It’s okay not to be okay.

Have you self harmed?

You may need to call 999 for an ambulance if:

  • You or somebody else have taken an overdose of drugs, alcohol or prescription medication
  • Somebody is unconscious
  • You or somebody else are in a lot of pain
  • You or somebody else are having difficulty breathing
  • You or somebody else are losing a lot of blood from a cut or wound
  • You or somebody else are in shock after a serious cut or burn

If your injury isn't serious, you could be treated at a minor injuries unit. These healthcare services are run by doctors or nurses to assess and treat minor injuries, such as minor burns and scalds, infected wounds and broken bones.

NHS walk-in centres, where a nurse can treat you without appointment, are also available for minor cuts and bruises.

Find your local A&E department, minor injuries unit or walk-in centre.

Are you having a mental health crisis?

A mental health crisis often means that you no longer feel able to cope or be in control of your situation. It often involves a sudden or continued worsening of your symptoms. You may feel great emotional distress or anxiety, feel you can't cope with day-to-day life, think about suicide or self-harm, or experience hallucinations and hearing voices.

If you cannot wait to see a doctor and feel unable to cope or keep yourself safe, contact an organisation to get support right away. The organisation you choose will depend on how severe you feel your symptoms are and if you can wait a short amount of time to get help, or if you need help immediately.

Free 24-hour text support for all ages - Reach 85258

Reach 85258 is part of the Shout crisis text link which offers confidential 24/7 crisis text support for times when you need immediate assistance.

Text "REACH" to 85258 or visit the Shout 85258 website

Accident and Emergency (A&E) and 999

You should call 999 or go to A&E if it’s a life-threatening emergency and you need immediate help for your mental or physical health.

Crisis support for young people


If you're under 35 and feel that life is not worth living any more you can call HopelineUK on 0800 068 41 41 (9am to 10pm weekdays and 2pm to 10pm on weekends) or text 07786 209697. You can also visit the Papyrus website.


If you're under 19, you can also speak to Childline, the number will not appear on your phone bill. Just call 0800 1111 or visit the Childline website.


CALM is the ‘Campaign Against Living Miserably’, for people in the UK who are down or have hit a wall for any reason simply call 0800 58 58 58 (daily, 5pm to midnight) or have a free, anonymous webchat with trained CALM staff. You can visit the CALM website.


When life is tough, Samaritans are here to listen at any time of the day or night. You can talk to them about anything that's troubling you, no matter how difficult call free on 116 123 or visit the Samaritans website.

Stay Alive App

The Stay Alive app is for anyone who feels suicidal or who are concerned about someone else’s suicidal thoughts. It's free and includes details of crisis support in Warrington, as well as national support services. Further details about the app can be found on the Grassroots Suicide Prevention website.

Download from the App Store or Google Play.

If you need support for your mental health, but it’s not urgent

If you don't need urgent help, but you’d like support to manage your mental health and wellbeing, there are a range of options:

Already receiving support for your mental health?

You can ring the service you’re receiving support from, or get in touch with your care co-ordinator or the person from the team you usually see. Their number will be in your recovery plan.

Experiencing a mental health problem such as anxiety, depression or stress?

You could refer yourself to IAPT, Talking Matters Warrington.

(This service is for people aged 16 or over, who are registered with a GP in Warrington)

Get in touch with your GP

If you don’t need urgent help, get in touch with your GP. Your GP will ask you about the difficulties you’re experiencing and may refer you to a service which can offer specialist help. It's important to seek help from your GP immediately if you are experiencing the following symptoms for the first time or are not already receiving care from mental health services:


Hearing or seeing things that are not there (for example, hearing voices); this can also include feeling, smelling or tasting things that are not there.


Having strong beliefs that are not shared by others (for example, believing there is a conspiracy against you)

These are symptoms of psychosis and it's important to get treated as soon as possible, as early treatment is more effective.

Support directory

You could also use the the main service directory to access a wide range of local and national support services.

Support directory


Give us your feedback

Tell us your thoughts about this site and how it could be improved using our short survey.
Let us know of any problems with the site or information which needs to be updated by emailing