You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
Rixton Claypits local nature reserve
Dogs should be on a lead and not permitted to enter ponds or disturb grazing sheep at Rixton Clay Pits.
Facilities and attractions
- Open 24 hours a day
- Woodland and meadow habitats
- SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest)
- Woodland and meadow walks
- Viewing points
- Special wildlife - Great Crested Newt
- Visitor centre - (subject to staff availability)
- Toilets and WC's - (subject to staff availability)
- Car park - (subject to staff availability)