If you run a sports ground, you’ll need a safety certificate from us.

You can apply for:

  • a general safety certificate 
  • a special safety certificate (for special occasions)

One certificate may cover more than one stand.

Who can apply?
  • General certificate: you must be the person responsible for the management of the ground.
  • Special certificate: you must be the person responsible for the stated activity on your application.
Fees and charges

No fees apply for this type of licence.


Please contact us in the first instance, however you can appeal to the magistrates’ court if you have any objections to any issues regarding your safety certificate.

Any person who is served with a notice determining that a sports stand is a regulated sports stand may appeal to the local Magistrates' court.

Contact Building Control

If you need to contact the Planning team, please visit the Planning section of our website we cannot reply to questions for the Planning team.

You can contact our Building Control team by sending us a message or calling us, our offices are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

You can call the Building Control team on 01925 442554

Planning questions

Our Building Control team cannot reply to planning questions you'll need to get in touch with our Planning team. Please visit the Planning section of our website.

The information that you provide will only be used for the purpose of responding to the matter that you have contacted us about. The information will not be shared on or used for any other purposes other than dealing with your query.

For more information on how your data will be used please see our Privacy Policy

26 July 2023