The street trading policy seeks to create a street trading environment which complements premise-based trading.
It is also sensitive to the needs of residents, provides diversity and consumer choice and enhances the character, ambience and safety of local environments.
This policy reflects important changes, relating to:
- The adoption of further steps to enhance safeguarding
- The streamlining of some of the administrative processes around the renewal and variation of an application
- Greater regard to equality and the need to avoid duplication
- The ability to suspend a licence for poor hygiene and additional controls over waste
- Trading near schools and the maintenance of the nutritional waiver to promote health and wellbeing