Scheduled Maintenance: My Warrington (my.warrington.gov.uk) may be unavailable for a short time on 29 February 2020, between 11am to 12pm for scheduled maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Taxi licence renewals and changes in circumstance
Please take note of the following for taxi licences:
- Your driver’s licence is normally valid for 3 years.
- You'll be required to renew your licence a month in advance before it expires and 8 weeks in advance if your DBS check is due.
- We’ll remind you that your licence is due for renewal, however it remains your responsibility to ensure you renew your licence.
- A DVLA check is required annually.
- A DBS check every 3 years and Medical Examination will be required every 5 years if you’re 45 years and over.
- If you allow your licence to expire you must take the knowledge test again.
- The taxi licence fees are reviewed annually.
Please include the following with the relevant renewal application form:
- current driving licence
- fully completed medical report
- three forms of ID
- full payment of the appropriate fee
Changes to the licence
You must notify us of any change in circumstances such as:
- change of address
- name change
- any new convictions, cautions or driving offences
- any allegations of a safeguarding nature
- binding over orders
- harassment notices
- offences you've been charged with
- notifiable DVLA medical conditions