Please take note of the following for taxi licences:
- Your driver’s licence is normally valid for 3 years.
- You'll be required to renew your licence a month in advance before it expires and 8 weeks in advance if your DBS check is due.
- We’ll remind you that your licence is due for renewal, however it remains your responsibility to ensure you renew your licence.
- A DVLA check is required annually.
- A DBS check every 3 years and Medical Examination will be required every 5 years if you’re 45 years and over.
- If you allow your licence to expire you must take the knowledge test again.
- The taxi licence fees are reviewed annually.
Please include the following with the relevant renewal application form:
- current driving licence
- fully completed medical report
- three forms of ID
- full payment of the appropriate fee