There are many educational paths open to adults at various levels. This page has information on local colleges that offer adult courses and how to access funding if needed.

For courses

  • Warrington and Vale Royal College - offer a variety of courses for adults, from vocation to professional or higher education to short, leisure courses. Visit their website for more information on adult education courses.
  • Priestley College - offer a range of short courses in subjects such are Spanish, German, Creative Writing and Photoshop. Contact Adult Learner Services for more information by calling 01925 624455 
  • Learn direct - has distance learning and online courses, as well as part time and full time classroom courses throughout the UK. Call 0161 870 5737 or visit

For advice

If you are 19+ and uncertain about your future employment or career path, you can get advice from the National Careers Service.
They can provide you with help in making the right choices for learning and employment.

  • Call Warrington LIFE – Careers on 01925 442211

For grants and bursaries

Adult learners can apply for grants and bursaries to help pay for courses and training. Usually, you do not have to pay this money back.

For most grants and bursaries, you should apply directly to the organisation that gives them out. They’ll have an application form and will be able to tell you if you qualify. 

  • Turn2Us provides information about education grants and has a grant search.
  • For childcare, if you’re under 20 at the start of your course, such as, you’re at school or sixth form, you could get a weekly payment through Care to Learn. 
  • If you are 20 or over and in further education, for example studying for an NVQ, BTEC or PGCE you may be eligible for Learner Support. Learner support can help to pay for things like; accommodation and travel or course materials and equipment.

You can apply even if you get other types of funding, for example:

  • Professional and Career Development Loans
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Course specific grants e.g. for medicine, dentistry or healthcare - you may get an NHS bursary
  • Advanced Learner Loan

Further details on all of these can be found on the website