Looking to get back into education? Considering a change of career, or want to learn some new skills just for fun? Here's some useful information and links to get you started...
The council's community learning service supports local education providers and their learners.
To find a course, search the online directory for courses in Warrington (Warrington Voluntary Action website).
Other education support and information from the council
- Care to Learn - If you are a parent under 20 at the start of your course, Care to Learn can help pay for your childcare and related travel costs while you're learning.
- Independent specialist colleges - For adults aged 19+ with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Apprenticeships - Get general information about apprenticeships or apply for an apprenticeship with the council.
Other adult education information and useful websites
Warrington Collegiate - variety of courses on offer for adults
Warrington Collegiate offers a variety of courses from vocational, professional and higher education courses to short, leisure courses.
Visit the Warrington Collegiate website
Priestley College - exciting program of adult courses available.
Priestley College offer an exiting range of courses for adult learners, courses include English, maths, ICT and computing courses and many more.
Visit the Priestley College website
Hotcourses.com - courses searches
Hotcourses.com is the UK's largest courses database, the site provides a easy to search function that allows you to search by course topic and/or location.
Visit the Hotcourse website
National Careers Service - find the right course for you
The National Careers Service can advise you on choosing a course. You can browse courses from all over the country using their handy search function, and if you can't find what you're looking for you can speak to one of the helpful advisers.
Visit the National Careers Service website
GOV.UK - Need help with funding your course?
GOV.UK can help with funding costs including:
- Your course
- Day-to-day living costs
Depending on your circumstances and the subject your are studying, you may qualify for: Discretionary Learner Support
- Residential Support Scheme
- Care to Learn
- Dance and drama awards
- Professional and Career Development Loans
- 16 to 19 Bursary Fund
- 24+ Advanced Learning Loans
To find out more visit the GOV.UK website