If you’re a trustee in bankruptcy, you can apply for a council tax exemption for a property which you have responsibility for.

You will need to provide us with proof of the bankruptcy. Please ensure you have your council tax account number to hand before applying.

Who is a trustee in bankruptcy?

A 'trustee in bankruptcy' is someone who is appointed to take over a bankrupt person's property, sell it, and distribute the money among the creditors. For this type of exemption It doesn’t matter if the property is furnished or not.