If you’re a care leaver, you don’t have to pay council tax if you have moved into a home where you are the only person responsible for paying.
If you’ve moved into a home where other people live and they aren’t care leavers, you can get a discount on the council tax, but how much will depend on the circumstances.
You will need to provide:
- The date you moved into the property
- The council tax account number
- The number of people living at the property
- The support workers name and contact details
- The local authorities contact information
Once we receive the application, we will contact the support worker to confirm the care leaver status.