Looking for Work
Our Advisers are here to help you make that next step into education, training or employment. Whether you would like a change of career or you have been out of work for a while, we can help you. We can provide information and advice on education and training opportunities and offer practical advice on how to search and apply for jobs.
For support in looking for work or training take a look at our Journey First page
You can also look for work in a number of different ways:
- Use online job sites including the Governments Find a Job site or Indeed
- Register with Recruitment Agencies, some of which specialise in particular types of work
- Set up a profile on professional networking sites, for example LinkedIn
- Use social media, join local community sites as sometimes vacancies are advertised in this way. Remember employers may look at your social media pages too
- Check out the jobs pages in local and national newspapers
- Get out and about, some employers advertise their vacancies in their window
- Speak to family and friends, many vacancies are never advertised but gained through word of mouth
- Give employers a call, show you’re keen by telephoning to ask if they have any vacancies coming up and how they will be advertised
Need help with your CV?
There are lots of different ways to write a CV and many different styles, so it’s important to pick one that highlights your skills and experience in the best way possible. There are many different ‘CV builder’ websites, some of which are free. You should take a look at a few different types to make sure you pick the best one for your needs.
If you need some advice on how to update your CV just get in touch, our Advisers are happy to help.