Get hands on with your career

Let us help get you on the right path

You may be eligible for financial support to enable you to return to education, employment or training. 

16-19 bursary fund

You could get up to £1200 if:

  • You’re in or recently left local authority care
  • You get Income Support or Universal Credit because you’re financially supporting yourself
  • You get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in your name and either Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
  • You get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name and either ESA or Universal Credit

You must:

  • Be at least 16 and under 19 on 31 August 2020
  • Study at a publicly funded school or college, or be on an unpaid training course
  • Meet the residency requirements - your school or college can check this

For more information visit

Student Finance

You may be able to borrow money to help pay for university or college tuition fees and to help with living costs.

To find out more visit

Care to Learn

The Care to Learn scheme can help with childcare costs while you study.

For more information visit


EU logo



Careers Centre,
One Time Square,

01925 442211




4 January 2022