Before you undertake any work that needs to comply with building regulations, you or your agent (this could be your builder or architect), should advise us by submitting full plans for approval or through a building notice.

Full plans application

  • this is where the proposed building work is intended to be put to a designated use for the purpose of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (currently all premises are designated, except single private dwellings)
  • proposed work is within three metres of a public sewer (we can check this for you if you're not sure)
  • a new building is erected fronting onto a private street.

Building notice

  • This can be submitted for most types of building work on single private dwellings.

Fees and charges

Charges can be paid over the telephone with a credit or debit card. Call 01925 442554.


  • You'll need to make an inspection request. Please note that you should always notify us when you start your works so that we can let you know when your first inspection is due.

Completion of works

  • when your work has been completed you should arrange for a final inspection
  • if the work has been completed to a satisfactory standard we'll issue a completion certificate
  • this certificate confirms that the works comply with building regulations. It's particularly useful when selling the property where the works have taken place
  • There is no charge to issue the first copy of the certificate, but if you lose your certificate you may be charged for a replacement

Contact us

Our offices are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.


Call: 01925 442554

To use this form you will need to tell us:

  • applicant name and address

  • agent name and address (if applicable)

  • location of work

  • name and address of builder (if known)

  • description of proposed works

  • use of building

  • type of building work

  • clarification on whether this is a full plans submission or building notice