On behalf of Warrington, our Mayor Cllr Maureen Creaghan, sends sincere condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family, following the death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. Read the Mayor's full statement.
Ask us to help put your bins out
Garden waste subscription
Subscription for 2021 is now open. The service will run from 2 March to 3 December.
You'll need to pay £36 for your annual online subscription. Please note, that if you order over the phone your subscription will cost £40.
If you struggle to put your bins out to be emptied and don't have a neighbour, family member or friend to help, you can apply for an ‘assisted collection’.
This means you don’t need to worry about putting your black, blue or green bins out to be emptied. Instead, we’ll come on your normal collection day and get your bins from the front, side or back of your home, empty them, and then put them back.
Who can apply
You can get an assisted collection if:
- you have a health issue
- you have a mobility issue
- you’re elderly
- there is no one else living with you (age 16+) who can put the bins out.
How to apply for an assisted bin collection
You'll need to tell us:
- your name, address and contact details
- why you need an assisted collection
Information we need
You’ll need to show us proof of your disability benefits or tell us your blue badge number.
Proof of disability evidence:
- PIP Mobility – planning and following a journey / Moving around
- DWP letter of disability
- Letter containing GP stamp
If we approve your application, we'll let you know when the service will start. If we don’t think you need an assisted collection, we'll contact you to explain why.
If we have accepted your request for an assisted collection you’ll need to make sure that from 6.30am on your collection day:
- any gates are unlocked
- there are no pets loose in your garden or yard
- your bins are outside your home
- we can move the bins – for example they’re not blocked in by a closely-parked car